Saturday, September 6, 2008

first day of school jitters????

Some mom's have anxiety over how their kids will adjust to school. I knew I wouldn't have any problems as Eliana woke up extra early the first day of school, asked me to braid her hair so it would be "pretty", and bounded off to her first day of preschool with her Dad, with barely a look and kiss back for her mom and sister. The next day she woke up and asked when she got to go to preschool again. When I said "tomorrow", she said... "well can we do school at home then?" Being the good nurse that I am, I decided to teach her the digestive tract. I pointed out her esophagus and told her it took her food to her stomach. She then took a bite of breakfast and said "look! its-my-mungus (esophagus) takes my food to my stomach!" I guess we will have to work on prononciation :)
I want to thank all of you who donated to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Light the Night Walk. The girls raised OVER $600!!!!! I will be posting the winners of the gas card give-away soon.

2 comments:

erika said...

Love that picture Julie!
Glad she had such a great day. You seem to be doing well with it too. :)

sjl said...

Oh, my! You keep changing kids on me...Ellie can't have matured that much in a week, can she!??! What an adorable picture. sjl