Tuesday, April 15, 2008

At the gardens...


To celebrate my Aunt's birthday, we took the girls to the Botanical Gardens to enjoy the *spring* weather. I had both girls dressed in matching sweaters and attempted (once again) to get a picture of two girls, in matching sweaters, sitting on a bench in the sunshine. The first time I attempted this was Thanksgiving weekend of 2006 when I had Eliana (then about 2) and Abigail (7.5 months) sitting on a bench in my parents backyard. Eliana was fussing and being difficult while Abigial was smiling and enjoying herself (just over a month later, Abigail was diagnosed with leukemia). Although I took about 20 pictures, I don't think one picture had both girls looking at the camera!
This time I had Eliana (now 3.5 years) and Raelyn (6.5 months) in the same sweaters but sitting on a different bench. Eliana was less fussy but it was still just as challenging to get both girls to look and smile at the camera. I guess it doesn't matter as my favorite one (in 2008) turned out to be one where they aren't looking at the camera anyway! And my favorite "one" from 2006 is the precious memory of Abbie enjoying life and in the arms of her sister. I miss my little girl.....

No comments: